Humor Non-Fiction posted May 17, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A strange shopping experience

Huh?

by damommy


 













A few years ago, my mother and I were shopping in Wal-Mart when the strangest thing happened.
 
We had stopped to look at some items, but having decided there was nothing we wanted, we took my empty cart (keep in mind “empty cart”) and strolled on, ending up on the other side of the store.
 
A woman I’d never seen tapped me on the shoulder and said, “You have my cart.”
 
I said, “Oh, I’m so sorry, but since they were both empty, no harm done, right?” 
 
She came back with, “You have my cart.”
 
Seriously?
 
By now, it’s obvious she isn’t going to see reason.  I told her both were perfectly good carts in perfect working condition, and I couldn’t see the problem.
 
I asked her, “Did you follow me all this way to reclaim a cart when both carts are empty and good condition?”
 
“But you have MY cart!”  she exclaimed.
 
Seeing this was going no place fast, I swapped carts with her.  She went off in a huff, but happy to have HER cart.
 

 



Recognized


True story. I still laugh about this.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.