General Non-Fiction posted May 14, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A humble recall of being vaccinated

Vaccination

by aryr

Okay, now a tidbit about the covid19 vaccination. Jim and I followed all of the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Dr Fauci's directions to a 'T'. We wore our masks when out, we social distanced appropriately and we tested as needed.

Jim was tested three times and I, twice. The only problem we had was that we were regularly told that we had to go to our home state for our vaccinations. We were never barred from entering the state for Jim's work experience. I guess having one's house with a gas leak or having an explosion definitely was considered an 'essential service'.

We both knew that we wouldn't be in South Dakota until late April 2021, so we were very careful. However, that date got moved up to the last weekend in March 2021. Since our domicile was in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Meaning we rented a small mail box from a registered company, had our driver's license, etc, go through Sioux Falls. I figured we might as well have our MD/doctor there. I even had to change our appointments for a week earlier.

Our appointments were March 25th, but they couldn't book our vaccinations until two weeks later, at which time we would be in North Dakota. We took our chances and came to an RV Park about 20 miles from the capitol city, Bismarck and registered on March 28th. On the 30th we called and were informed that we could come in at 11:00 am. Yay, our first Pfizer vaccine.

All we suffered with the first was a sore arm for about three days. The second vaccine was a doozy. First of all, Jim lost his card, it was horribly windy the day we got our first one. So poor Jim had to go through a longer process to get the replacement. The side effects that we suffer were: Jim had what he called 'a tequila hang-over' and every site that he had broken or injured was painful and achy for a couple of days. Even surgical sites. The story behind the tequila hang-over was that according to Jim, I make a terrific (mean) margarita, so one day years ago I made some after supper/dinner. I decided after one that I was going to go to bed. Jim decided to have another-so he had about 4 or 5 oz/ cc. What he didn't understand was that he still had to add the mix. So basically, he had straight alcohol and of course he was hung-over the next morning. I mix the tequila with blue corago-1 part to half part, and I mix it in the tequila bottles. So, he was hung-over. Me, I had severe vertigo (head swimming) for a few hours, every time I stood up; I had to sit down for a few minutes. Both of these effects started about eight hours after we had our injections. We both had the sore arms for a few days.

Blood clots are a concern but read or listen to the directions, blood clots are prevalent after long trips or even on an airplane. Just listen/read and think.

I know that some are dubious both about the vaccine and about covid19 being a hoax (even the variations) but I encourage everyone to get vaccinated. People in the thousands have died. This is a worldwide problem. I can understand the hesitation, but it is truly worthwhile.

As a retired registered nurse and a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, I fully researched this. What I did notice was the number of deaths caused by influenza was a lot lower than years before and I feel that a lot of diseases were misrepresented in the numbers, but regardless, it is worth it. I'd rather be alive than deader than a doornail.
Blessings to all ...



Recognized


My thoughts on the covid vaccine.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.