General Poetry posted May 9, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
4/7/5 Haiga Haiku

Ugly Duckling

by Gypsy Blue Rose


For rules or if you want to join the haiku club, please check my author notes.

ugly duckling

swims in bitter black waters —

unaware beauty


 




This week's Haiku Club Event is to write a HAIGA. If you would like to join the haiku club, please follow the clubs link and select HAIKU CLUB. If you have any questions, please contact me.
=======================================
Haiga is a style of Japanese painting that incorporates the aesthetics of haiku. They are typically painted by haiku poets but in the Western countries, it's written on a picture. for more information click here

THE UGLY DUCKLING is a fairy tale by author Hans Christian Andersen (1805�??�?�¢??1875). A mother duck's eggs hatch and one of the little birds is perceived by the other birds and animals on the farm as an ugly little creature and suffers much abuse from them. He wanders sadly from the barnyard and lives alone. Winter arrives and he spends a miserable winter alone in the outdoors, mostly hiding in a cave on the lake that partly freezes over. When spring arrives, a flock of swans descends on the lake. The ugly duckling is unable to endure a life of solitude and hardship anymore and decides to throw himself at the flock of swans deciding that it is better to be killed by such beautiful birds than to live a life of ugliness and misery. He is shocked when the swans welcome and accept him, only to realize by looking at his reflection in the water that he had been, not a duckling, but a swan all this time. The flock takes to the air, and the now beautiful swan spreads his gorgeous large wings and takes flight with the rest of his new family.

Thank you for reading and reviewing my haiga haiku.

Gypsy

Club entry for the "HAIGA HAIKU" event in "HAIKU CLUB".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.