General Fiction posted May 6, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The Holy Spirit wants a personal relationship with us

Do You Know Him

by PENofFIRE



At the moment of His death, thunder rumbled, lighting flashed, the earth shook, and the temple veil was torn from top to bottom.  Jesus had fulfilled His purpose, that being, reconciling man back to God.   No longer was it necessary to go through the High Priest to make sacrifices on behalf of man. Man was now able to enter the Holy of Holies and meet with God face to face in order to speak on His own behalf.   Yet we seem to take advantage of only two-thirds of this miraculous privilege.

Why do we find it so easy to speak directly to God the Father and Jesus, but rarely do we speak directly to the Holy Spirit?  We still find it necessary to go through our High Priest, Jesus, and ask Him to send His Holy Spirit to bless us or to enter into our services, etc.   It is something we do without thinking.  The work at the cross was not two-thirds done, but completely done.  Jesus does not need to do another work to give us freedom to speak directly with the third person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit.  

Do we think the Holy Spirit is unapproachable or hard to catch and only the Father or the Son are able to harness Him and relay our messages to Him?  The Word teaches us that our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit.  He lives within us, yet we treat Him as the unseen guest. The Holy Spirit hungers for our fellowship.  He wants us to get to know Him personally, to discover His attributes, He wants to express His love for us and for us to return our love to Him.  We deny Him our personal touch.  He hungers to be known and recognized as a vital part of the Trinity who loves us and wants to continue to bless us, not because He was asked by the Father or Son, but because we ourselves have asked Him.

God is encouraging us to love Him as a whole, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  To know Him is to love Him.  We must come to know intimately each person of the Trinity before we can fully love God as a whole.

 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. PENofFIRE All rights reserved.
PENofFIRE has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.