Humor Non-Fiction posted May 5, 2021 Chapters:  ...12 13 -14- 15... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
All true

A chapter in the book Cat Tales

Gourmet Cats

by damommy


PC is in RED
Endeavour is in BLUE
Maisie is in GREEN
Briggs is in Orange
Damommy is in BLACK
 
 
Endeavour!  Drop the lettuce!
 
But I like lettuce.
 
Do you want to get locked in the bathroom?  Damommy said she was going to put you in there if you didn’t stop interfering with her salad making.  Besides, that’s rabbit food.
 
I don’t care what you say.  I’m going for it.  What?!  No!  Not the bathroom.  I’ll be good.  Noooooooo. 
 
I tried to warn him.  Now, listen up, gang.  You’ve got to give up these silly notions about snacks.  We shouldn’t embarrass ourselves and others of our kind by eating things like lettuce.  Whoever heard of such a thing!
 
Now, if you really want something good, go for the powdered doughnuts.  I could eat a ton of them if they weren’t hidden away. 
 
Maisie, you must stop sucking on straws.  How many years have you been trying to get something to drink that way, and you’ve come close, but no cigar, as they say.  Keep your dignity, girl.

 
I’ll make it someday, and you’ll be sorry you fussed at me.
 
Briggs, you can’t keep eating popcorn the way you do.  I’ve heard that’s what people eat at the movies.  When have you ever been to movie?  What’s that you say?  I don’t care if damommy lets you have it, it’s not cat-like.
 
Go for potato chips like I do.  Crisp, salty, just the right thing for a discerning cat.  And there’s nothing better than peanut butter licked off the spoon left in the sink.  Yum.  Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

 
You’re one to talk.  Why can’t I eat popcorn if you eat potato chips?  Who made you boss of everybody?  And what’s so dignified about licking spoons?  Sounds like what an alley cat would do.  And I’ve seen you chew bread wrappers.

 
You just don’t get it.  It’s the way you do these things.   When no one’s looking.
 
Sorry, gang, but I see what you all do.  The jig’s up.  So much for feline dignity.
 
Oh, man!!!
 

 

 
 
 



Recognized


These are things they really eat.

Club entry for the "Likes/Dislikes" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.