General Fiction posted May 1, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
You go figure this one.

The Sleeping Giant

by Aussie


I'm so tired, been working day and night. Great, the human has left the room. Think I will have a snooze with my two overworked partners.

Ah, the darkness helps me recover from my working schedule. I am affected by too much light.
Partner one is snoring, partner two is waiting for the human to wake him up - again.
The crash of the door alerts us all to the human who is looking rather haggard after a day behind a store counter. Maybe, just maybe she will leave us all alone.

Oh, no there goes the lights, hurts my eyes. Oh, she is thinking about flipping a switch. I hope it's not my switch."

Phew, she is using the radio tonite, does that mean she will leave us alone?

I can smell food; poor old microwave is having a nervous breakdown. His interior covered in scrambled eggs."

Hmm..now she is moving towards the bathroom. Goodie! Nup, changed her mind. Our time is up. There goes the switches all three. I am lit up like a Christmas Tree!




I have caved in to the curious! The Sleeping Giant is a Giant TV! His pals are remotes.

Club entry for the "What Am I?" event in "Flash Fiction and Short Shorts".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Aussie All rights reserved.
Aussie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.