Letters and Diary Non-Fiction posted May 2, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
500 Miles by Peter, Paul and Mary

Sally's Jukebox Hits #48

by Sally Law


I'm counting down my all-time favorite songs from 50 to 1!

Thanks so much for tuning in.

Great music makes the day sweeter, and the load lighter, don't you think?

Oldies like this one, stir memories of time and place. I remember how my brothers hollered down the stairs, "Sal, can you turn up the song?" They especially loved folk legends, Peter, Paul and Mary.

500 Miles is today's #48 Jukebox Favorite, and has personal meaning for me. It speaks of the loneliness of separation, and of homesickness.

This harmonic trio helped my family through the Vietnam War Era with many songs about life, love, war, separation, and the quest for peace. They answered back to the world condition with some of the finest music of our times: Blowin' In The Wind, Day Is Done, Don't Think Twice (It's Alright), 500 Miles, If I Had A Hammer, Leaving On A Jet Plane, Lemon Tree, Puff The Magic Dragon, Stewball, Tell It On The Mountain, and The Wedding Song.

Grammy Awards: Five wins, sixteen nominations. Whew!

I'm still watching and waiting for them on the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, an honor they so deserve. They will never be out of style for me, or wear out their welcome. I love them as much as ever.

I can still hear my brothers.... "Okay, I'll play it one more time before I go," I would say. Somehow, it was never just one more time.

Please enjoy the record below, remastered for greatness. Peter Yarrow, Noel Paul Stookey, and Mary Travers. Once more, please!



Recognized

#41
May
2021




Image of Peter, Paul and Mary from:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mprnews.org%2Fstory%2F2017%2F08%2F16%2Fpeter-paul-and-mary-changes-lyrics-to-if-i-had-a-hammer&psig=AOvVaw0-ENTebSW2OL4XAcmSswpU&ust=1620008698557000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCPjojur4qfACFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.