Biographical Non-Fiction posted April 19, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
... for those who will skip the script

In Memoriam: Cliff Notes

by Elizabeth Emerald


Today, April 19th, is Patriots’ Day, a New England holiday celebrated on the third Monday in April.

Two years ago, I celebrated Patriot's Day, as I had for the 20 years prior, at my friend Jim's house; many of the regulars had been attending Jim's parties since the series' kickoff event in 1978. 

I missed Jim's party last year, and will miss it tonight. As will everyone else. 

Not on account of Coronaphobia, but on account of Jim's death, on the first of June, 2019 (not from Corona, but from cancer).

I better wrap this up, lest I violate StoryLand's prohibition against repetition of content under a new title; last year I promoted, in Jim's memory, two short stories and a five-part monologue script. 

Jim's birthday is in two days; I plan to, as I did last year, repromote my tribute pieces. Given the paltry readership thus far, I don't expect to garner many reviews this go-round.

Unfortunately, system notification to fans pertains only to original postings. Which makes for an unfortunate catch-22: As it is against site rules to solicit reviews, I cannot divulge the titles here, nor may I do so by private message. 

Thus, I post this tidbit, and ask that you look to the skies and give a *right back at you* wink in memory of Jim.

*Our ostensibly shy guy, was also a sly guy. At his funeral, we learned from his sister that he'd been putting one over on us all this time. Always coy about his birthdate, Jim, unbeknowst to his guests, had been, in the guise of Patriots' Day, throwing himself a birthday party.



 




Recognized


Celebration! by VMarguarite on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!


By Jim Kinney | jkinney@repub.com

*Patriots' Day* ... commemorates the 246th anniversary of the opening battles of the American Revolution at Lexington and Concord.

Patriots' Day is a state holiday in Massachusetts, Maine (which was a part of the Bay State until the early 19th century) and Wisconsin. Starting in 2018, Patriot's Day became a holiday in Connecticut.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.