Satire Fiction posted April 14, 2021 Chapters:  ...98 99 -100- 101... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
contingency planning

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

The Grim Reaper

by Iza Deleanu


I have a friend who finished medical school, and is doing her first year of practicum at a local hospital. She wants to be a family doctor. Coronella gave her a different path: she is now a contact tracer. Yup, this is one of those new words that make you look smart. In reality, you are just the Grim Reaper, the bearer of bad news.

Oops, we are sorry to inform you, but you are part of a group of individuals exposed to ... Coronella. You are invited to do your test ASAP and isolate accordingly.

If you were scheduled for a vaccine, forget about it! We wish you courage and lots of health. You have two options:" Panic and scream: "Oh, my God, I got it! I'm going to dieeeeeeeeeeeee!" or just relax and take it like a woman. You don't know how? The secret ingredient is calm and lots of planning.

Buy provisions for fourteen days, jump to the pharmacy, and buy all the vitamin C and D you can find.

Good luck with that. I went last night, and there is such a desert on the shelves.

And in the good tradition, don't forget the Lysol and toilet paper. After you bought anything you need, then open the computer and start booking your next trip as a reward after the isolation.

Pour yourself a glass of wine and calmly wait for the second call from the Grim Reaper, this time with the test results.

Damn it! Wrong place, wrong time... but the steak was no mistake. If I make it, I'll go for seconds!

Part of the contingency plan is to call your support group, aka your priest, and request a special prayer for healing. I know it sounds like an exorcism practice, but when a prayer is said from the heart works wonders. I know because I witness miraculous healings.

So don't worry, Ms. Coronella, I will not get scared by the Grim Reaper. The show must go on, so let's say a prayer and move on.


 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.