Biographical Non-Fiction posted April 14, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Envy in reverse: be thankful for all you DON'T have

Gratitude with a Twist

by Elizabeth Emerald


My sister has everything I don't have.

Anne has been happily married to Tom for 38 years; I was miserably married to Dick (#1 and #2) for a total of 23 years.

Tom is a partner in a top accounting firm; Anne has never had to work. Dick's annual salary, when he deigned to hold a job, was less than Tom earned in a month; I had to work full-time whilst my three kids were young.

Tom is a delightful man, always a gracious host; they have lots of friends. Dick was, shall we say, aptly named; nobody would come to our parties nor invite us to theirs.

My sister has everything I don't have.

Anne, her loving husband and luxurious lifestyle notwithstanding, has been wracked by unremitting depression. Over the course of 40-plus years of misery, she's endured electroshock therapy and exhausted the plethora of pharmaceutical options.

Anne's mental illness is further compounded by an eating disorder of 48 years duration, consequential to which a multitude of health problems have ensued.

Not one of which I have either.



Recognized


Helza Blaze by MoonWillow on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.