Writing Poetry posted April 13, 2021 Chapters:  ...12 13 -14- 15... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
prose, article under 500 words

A chapter in the book Sunnilicious' NaPoWriMo, April 2021

News, An Imperative These Days

by sunnilicious

The news is nothing new to our world. There is an abundance of it everywhere from objective to opinionated viewpoints. The media vehicles are in abundance: radio, tv, cable, internet, newpaper, magazines, apps and word of mouth. This is to keep the audiences informed about current events that affect their lives. It should definitely be a norm for people around our nation.

Lately, the advantage of getting the news on a daily basis is to stay safe through the pandemic. It does not hurt to listen. There are temporary laws for social distancing and wearing masks. There are multiple vaccines available in the marketplace. And just today, Johnson & Johnson (J&J) had to place a pause on their single dose vaccination.

There have been a total of six known cases of blood clots tied to this particular vaccine. The side effects of these pandemic vaccines as a whole are many. The people that are allowed or choose to take the vaccine(s) automatically become part of the medical studies. Due to the fact that the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) is allowing the vaccines in the marketplace as an "emergency". Even if it is media boasted to have enough of the stuff to go around.

Statistics are important. It ensures that everything the scientists are trying to accomplish and/or cure is accurately working. If changes must be made to the vaccination, they have a better idea about where to make the changes. Trial and error is common to any scientific experiment. Also, the gathered data becomes a source that proves the original hypothesis. The pandemic wasn't the only important thing in the news today either.

Kristin Smart, a college teen that disappeared from San Luis Obispo County, Californa in 1996 made national headlines. Twenty five years went by with questions and speculation from every possible direction. The police finally made two arrests. The suspects Paul and Ruben Flores are, in fact, father and son. So, it is official that she was murdered. Her family, friends and viewers following the story can now hold peace of mind. More horrific details are yet to come...

Make the news part of your daily routine.




NaPoWriMo April 2021, Writing Prompt for Day 13 - Write a short article (usually 250 to 400 words).

NOTE: Years ago, I took a couple of Journalism Classes in undergrad. This article may not be focused properly. However, I followed the napowrimo prompt for today.


REFERENCES:
1) National Poetry Writing Month, April 2021 - https://www.napowrimo.net/
2) YouTube, How To Write An Article, video attached
3) NBC Nightly News, Television, Tuesday, 04/13/2021
4) Fox 11 Special Report, Television, Tuesday, 04/13/2021
5) CNN Website, Kirstin Smart - https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/us/paul-flores-arrest-kristin-smart-case/index.html


Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by sboisvert180 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. sunnilicious All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
sunnilicious has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.