Children Fiction posted April 13, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A village meets a family's need

Victor Viper

by PENofFIRE

Vicey Vixen, Varuna Vicuna, and Vervina Vervet were very good friends. They lived on Vine Street in Villey Valley.

One day, Vervina, Vicey, and Varuna were on their way to Villey Valley Park to play volleyball when they saw a reptile that looked very, very sad. They stopped to talk with him.

"What's your name?" asked Vervina.

"Victor Viper," said the reptile.

"Would you like to play volleyball with us?" asked Varuna.

"Very much," Victor said.

Vervina, Vicey, Varuna, and Victor started off for Villey Valley Park when they decided to stop at Von's Grocery Store for a snack. Everyone got something but Victor.

"Don't you want a snack?" asked Vicey.

"Uh, not really. I didn't bring any money," said Victor.

"I'll lend you some," said Vervina.

Victor looked very embarrassed as he said, "No thanks. I wouldn't be able to pay you back. My dad lost his job, and now we have no money and no place to live. I guess you would call us vagrants. We're staying in the vacant lot behind the video store."

"We need to help," said Vervina. "Let's go tell our parents and ask them what we should do."
Instead of going to Villey Valley Park to play volleyball, Vervina, Vicey, and Varuna took Victor back to Vervina's house to talk with her mom and dad.

When they heard the story, Mr. Vervet said, "Something must be done to help this family."
He immediately went to visit with every family in Villey Valley to tell them about the Viper family's need. All the families in the valley were visibly upset. They all decided they needed to do something to help.

"The apartment over my garage is vacant. They can live there," said Viho Vireo.

"I can use someone to work in my grocery store," said Von Vole.

"I need a housekeeper," said Velma Vulture.

All the families from Villey Valley marched vigorously to the vacant lot behind the video store to talk with Victor's parents. Victor's mother was so happy she cried. Victor's dad was on the verge of crying, too, as he shook hands with all the families from Villey Valley.

Victor Viper and his parents were valued highly because they worked very hard. The Viper family became valuable residents of Villey Valley by helping others whenever they could. It was their way of showing appreciation to the people of Villey Valley for all they had done for them.



Choose a Letter contest entry


GLOSSARY FOR THE LETTER

Vixen - small fox
Vervet - monkey
Vicuna - South American animal similar to a Llama
Vireo - small bird
Viper - snake or reptile
Vole - small rodent
Vacant - empty
Vagrant - someone who is poor and has no home
Vigorously - with much energy
Visibly - plainly
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. PENofFIRE All rights reserved.
PENofFIRE has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.