Humor Poetry posted April 11, 2021 Chapters:  ...8 9 -10- 11... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
jus pokin' a little fun

A chapter in the book Things I Think about

It's All in the Spellin'

by pome lover

                                       

 
Loretta and Mary Jo, are walking to the check-out line at the grocery store. Newspaper and magazine headlines catch Mary Jo’s eye.

“Loretta, don’t you think that Camilla Harris oughta…"

“It’s Kamella.”

 “Kamella, thank you, oughta get herself down to the border and do somethin’? I mean, she’s the VP of this country, and the only thing I ever heard her do is laugh. That is the laughinest woman I ever saw.”

“Well, Mary Jo, laughin’ idn against the law. Yet.”

“Well, she was appointed by the President to go do somethin’ about the goins-on down there and she’s not doin’ it. And on top of that, the President hadn gone down there either. Wait, here comes Estelle. Hey, Estelle, don’t you think Kamella Harris oughta…”

“It’s not Kamella, its Cuhmella.”

“What? You sure?”

“Well, that’s what it sounds like they sayin’ to me. Here come Maizie, let’s ask her. Hey, Maizie, you know the Vice President’s name?”

“Vice President of what?”

The Vice President of the United States of America, who do you think?”

“Oh, you mean that gal that laughs?”

“Yeah. What’s her name?”

“lemme think. It’s the same name as that flower, Cam…something’.”

“You mean, camelia?”

“Yeah. I think that’s it.”

“Loretta, that sound right to you?”

No. I already told you, Mary Jo, it’s….now I’m all confused. You said so many names I forgot what I thought it was. Anyway, you plannin’ on writin’ her a letter, or somethin’?”

“That’s a good idea. I just might do that very thing.”

“Mary Jo, that gal needs you to pay for your groceries.  We can talk in the parking lot.
                                                                               ~ ~ ~
“Boy, groceries sure have gotten expensive! I didn’t buy all that much and look at this bill.”

“Well, when you write your letter to the Vice President, why don’t you tell her? Tell her since she’s not doin’ anything about the border crisis, would she put grocery prices back where they were?”

“How can I write her when I don’t even know her name?”   
  
“Just say, Ms Vice President of the USA Harris.”

“Okay. What about an address?”

  “Um, put in care of President Joe Biden, the White House. She oughta get it.”

“That ‘in care of’ thingie is…?”

“It looks like a “c” with a slanted line.”    
       
“Yeah, but slanted which way? Left or right?”

“Mary Jo, you take the cake. I’ve got an idea. Why don’t you call her?”

“You crazy? She wouldn’t talk to me.”

“Why not? You’re a very important person. Why, you won last year’s apple pie contest down at the…”

“Ha ha ha. Apple pie contest. That’s funny. Hey, you wanta come to supper? I got all this expensive food…”





As anyone on FS who's familiar with some of my posts knows, I love dialogue and usually it's silliness.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pome lover All rights reserved.
pome lover has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.