General Flash Fiction posted April 9, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The complete opposite inside a mirror.

I See You

by Raul1


Hank sees himself in the mirror every time. The exact copy of him does belong inside the mirror. The other side of life in it they do the opposite. It is nonsense on the other side of this glass. But he looks at it, and his copy does the same thing he does.

There is life inside of this odd thing. It is sure strange how they live. Hank screams at it, but it acts like him without saying it back. How weird can this be?

People inside that mirror looks like they are playing musical chairs. I bet they do, Hank thought. Everything is backward, and he can't even get in there. If he breaks it, he could get hurt and erase that vulnerable world in it.

Anyway, if he faces it, his copy will do the same acts he does. Why doesn't this thing get with the program? In simple terms, act normal for once. The same stuff outside is perfect, like a painted picture. It doesn't get on his nerves.

The simple life of a mirror is the exact copy of a picture frame. It must be upsetting for him. Hank still keeps looking at it, and it won't harm his living soul. It is starting to sound like a comedy movie starring Eddie Murphy as the leading role.

Life on the other side doesn't look like fun at all. "Crazy, but it is what it is with this mirror," Hank responds to himself. Drives him nuts.



The Mirror writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a 250 word story featuring a Mirror.


250 words counted.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.