Satire Fiction posted April 9, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
fake prince

The joke

by Iza Deleanu


"Mirror, mirror on the wall, tell me what I'm searching for!"

"For your head?"

"Nice, but try again!"

"For your charming prince?"

"Yup, that's it!"

"Cordelia, I am not your crystal ball. I am just an old mirror from 1845. I can't predict anything."

"Come on, old friend, don't give me that. My grannie told me that you can see the future. So, tell me where my prince is?"

"I don't understand you girls. You pretend to be feminist and emancipated, but you still linger around antique objects and ask for the prince. Why a prince? After all, he is the Prince and never sticks around! And by the way, have you tried the golden fish?"

"I did; that's how I got this house, my looks, and my money. Now I need someone to share it with it."

"Adopt a cat; she is majestic, beautiful, and of royal blood."

"Mirro-in, please, I need your help. Give me a prince."

"Oh, you want one, well let me search my pockets, maybe I can find one! Wait, I have no pockets."

"So, no help?"

"Well, if you insist, let me see what I can do for you. So, according to the old prince recipe, if you can" t find one, then make one. Get me some soil, holy water, and some Dior perfume. Good. Now mash them together and say be my Prince."

"Prince?"

A hideous creature arise from the mud. "Yes, Mistress?"

"Oops, the wrong recipe, sorry" said the Mirror laughing. "Bye."



The Mirror writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a 250 word story featuring a Mirror.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.