Humor Fiction posted April 9, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Mirror Story contest entry

My Night In Jail

by DragonSkulls
































My family has had a mirror handed down through generations. I've had it hanging on our foyer wall for over a decade. An antiques roadshow was coming to a town, eighty miles from where we lived. I decided to go see what this vintage mirror might actually be worth. My wife and I were never able to have children and my parents passed away years ago. With no one to hand it down to, it really didn't hold much value to me, so parting with it wouldn't actually have broken my heart.

My wife had prior arrangements, so I packed the mirror up and headed to Daytona by myself. The line to this place was outrageous. Good thing I wrapped it in plastic because half way to the entrance, it started pouring. By the time I was sitting in front of an appraiser, I was sopping wet and not very chipper. He examined it carefully as I waited in anticipation. Five minutes later, imagine my surprise when he told me, in not so few words, that it probably wasn't worth the gas money I had spent to bring it there. I closed my eyes and shook my head.

The guy at the table next to me, who just found out his hideous vase was worth twenty thousand dollars, mockingly said, "Hey, I'll give you ten bucks for it."

I picked up the mirror, went over to where he sat, then blasted it into shards over his head and shouted, "Sold!"




 



The Mirror writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a 250 word story featuring a Mirror.


If, when growing up, you didn't see the antics of Tom and Jerry or Bugs and Daffy
as being humorous, then just imagine that this piece was posted under 'General Fiction'
rather than 'Humor.'


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DragonSkulls All rights reserved.
DragonSkulls has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.