General Fiction posted April 20, 2021 Chapters: Prologue -1- 2... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Gabe and Pete welcome a Heavenly visitor.

A chapter in the book The Walkers

Gabriel is recruited.

by papa55mike

The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.



Background
Gabriel Hope leads a formidable group of Angels and Walkers through the Spirit Realm on a dangerous mission to India.
Prologue


Why did mother give me the name of Prisha? It means God's gift. I was never a gift in my father's eyes being born the curse of India, a girl. A despicable creature in the Patriarchal System where boys are cherished. Girls are considered subhuman and treated like livestock.

In my eleven years in Supal, I have shared my existence with the family car. However, I've never ridden in it. I am always called to prepare dinner, but I cannot share it with the family. My corner of the shed consists of a palette, a blanket, and a bucket to do my business in, then bury it.

Father has never accepted me in any way. He forces me to work in a factory, claiming my earnings while my younger brother attends school. When I am old enough, my father swears he will sell to a man who buys slaves for auction.

That night has finally come.

Headlights peering into the shed wake me in the middle of the night. I can see two figures approaching - one is my father.

I rise curiously from my bed at the sound of their voices. It sounds like the buyer wants to inspect the merchandise.

The silhouette of the buyer frightens me. His long pointed nose, stringy hair, and slight build are the spectacle of evil. "Yes, my friend. She is what we are looking for - you said she is a virgin."

"No one has touched this filthy beast of a child!" The father answers.

"Excellent, I long to see her body."

Father jerks off my sari and forces me to stand naked before them. I catch a glimpse of the buyer's hideous face and smile in the light.

My body quivers as he takes the gnarled index finger of his right hand and traces my budding breast. "Yes." Slowly walking behind me, he inspects every inch of my body. "She will bring a high price in the marketplace. I gladly will pay you the price you are asking." He hands father an envelope.

"What a pleasure to be rid of this worthless pig." Father spits in my face then draws back his hand to slap me.

"No!" The buyer shouts. "Do not damage the merchandise." He turns to me and says in the sweetest voice. "Get dressed, child, and come with me to a cherished life." He extends his hand to take.

I wrap my sari around me then glare at my father while walking away. Thankful to never see him again.



Chapter 1




The morning sun will not rise for an hour, but behind Second Chance Open Bible Church, under the glow of a streetlight - Gabriel Hope is in the process of doing one thousand, one-handed push-ups in a full Army backpack. It's part of his morning workout.

Slowly the sound of boots scuffing the gravel penetrates the deep silence. Out of the darkness appears a massive, heavenly figure with steel-blue eyes, a chiseled face, and black hair - he's dressed in a black trench coat, blue jeans, and military boots that are size fifteen.

Gabriel concentrates on his workout and doesn't hear him approaching. The figure stops short and asks, "Are you preparing for battle, Gabriel?"

He suddenly looks up. "Michael! What are you doing here?" Gabe rises to his knees. "Let me get this backpack off." It falls to the ground with a thud when he stands, and the two men embrace.

Michael smiles. "You look fit and healthy."

"I'm up to 295 pounds of pure muscle." Gabe flexes his chest. "It must be Pearlie's cooking. I guess that's why I'm marrying her."

"Well, that's great news to hear!" A smile widens across Michael's face, and he slaps Gabe on the back, nearly knocking him down. "I'll come to that wedding."

"I can hear me introduce you. My dear friends, this is Michael, the Arch Angel from Heaven; we've been friends for years. That will make a splash." A puzzled look appears on Gabe's face. "I wondered why the Holy Spirit had me working out. Is there a mission?"

"With the evil one working, there's always a mission. But you will have help this time."

"Are you coming?"

"Yes, and the Lord has called two Walkers to assist us. They are close and should be here tomorrow."

The horizon begins to lighten when Pastor Pete comes out the back door with a cup of coffee in one hand and his cane in the other to help him walk. He still hasn't adapted to his prosthetic device replacing his lower right leg. "Hey, Gabe, I've got your coffee." Pete stops. "I didn't know you had a friend."

"Pete, I want you to meet my good friend, Michael."

Pete gives the cup to Gabe then reaches out his hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Micha..." He looks at Gabe with huge eyes. "Do you mean, Michael, from Heaven?"

"Yeah, Pete."

Pete begins to twitch and look around. "I don't know if I should bow or get on my knees."

Michael takes his hand. "Neither, my friend. Your spiritual strength, courage, and powerful prayers are known all over Heaven. It is I who should bow to you." And he does.

"I'm a rotten host. Would you like some coffee, Michael?"

"It's been many years, but yes."

~

It looks like many fingers grip the rising yellow sun as its light pours through the trees. A cloudless sky announces a new day. The three men are sitting under the old Oak behind the church, enjoying the morning.

Pete looks down at his new leg. "I don't know if I will ever get used to this thing."

"You will, Pete." Gabes smiles. "A year from now, you'll leave that cane in the corner of the church."

Michael speaks up. "What a fine church this is, Pastor Pete."

"It's much like the past churches built here. A community of many friends raised this church back up from the ashes. Each person used their love for God to bring it back to life, and it's left in the rafters, walls, and floorboards of the entire structure. It's an honor to be the Pastor here, Michael."

"I can see it in your eyes, Pastor Pete." Michael scans the entire building. "I want you to know that they will never destroy it again. Ten times is enough."

"It's astounding how many different forms this church has been in, but it was always the love for God that kept it going." Pete sips his coffee. "I take it you're here to borrow Gabe for a while?"

"I'm afraid so, Pastor Pete. We have a difficult task to accomplish."

"Just what is the mission, Michael?" Gabriel asks.

"Our mission is in India. It will be a long journey through the Spirit Realm into the poorest part of the country. Evil is truly breeding there."

"In what ways?" Pete asks.

"The evil one is buying young girls from the slave market in Bihar and breeding them with Legions and Familiars. Satan is trying to create a race of super demons. Do you remember studying the Watchers from the days of Jared?"

"I do." Pete answers. "They were two hundred fallen angels who descended on Mount Hebron and decided to mate with beautiful daughters of men. In doing so, they created the race of giants that became the Nephalim. It took many years and David's armies to finally destroy them. They also taught the people their evil ways, from sorcery to Beastiality. If I remember correctly, God locked them away until Judgement Day."

"Excellent answer, Pete." Gabe turns to Michael. "Is our mission to take out the slave auction."

"Yes, and the so-called breeding facility a mile away."

"That means we'll have to be quiet on the journey there. Take out the two facilities almost simultaneously, then get back to our portal where every demon in the Spirit Realm will be waiting for us on the other side. You don't make it easy on a fellow."

"That's why the Lord needs the greatest warrior the Earth has ever seen."

"Pete!" Gabe smiles.

"No!" Michael laughs. "You, Gabriel."

"Whoa." Pete sighs. "You two had me worried for a minute."

Laughter abounds under the old Oak.




Notes for the prologue.

India is primarily governed by a Patriarchal system where boys and girls get their identity from the father. The son will consistently be recognized as a permanent member of the family and heir. The daughter is considered a lower, more submissive member of the family. As a consequence of this male-dominated society, women are less critical tools in the family. They are an easily disposable member.

Northern India has some of the poorest places in the world. In Bihar, the poverty level is over 50%, and twenty-six of Bihar's thirty-seven districts are some of the poorest in the world. Thirty-six of Bihar's districts lack standard immunization and thirty-one lack elementary schools.

If that's not enough, ninety-two out of one hundred children are born without medical supervision, and many are never registered. It makes those children easy targets for human traffickers.

Chapter 1 notes.

A cast of characters.

Gabriel Hope.
At 6'6", 295 pounds, Gabe is a 20 year veteran of the Army Rangers. He's been walking for the Lord for 23 years.

Michael, the Arch Angel.
A prince of God and commander of the Lord's Armies has been friends with Gabe for many years after recruiting him to countless battles in the Spirit Realm.

Cal Cummings.
She graduated from Vanderbilt University 5 years ago with a degree in Theology. Cal is also an Olympic Gold Medal Archer. She worked in the mission fields in Africa with her mother and father until bandits killed her parents in a brutal attack. Cal barely escaped.

Cris Turner.
Cris has a Masters's degree in both Science and Theology. He is also an excellent shot with his Colt 45. He started walking for the Lord three years ago after a plane crash took the life of his family. Cris missed the flight.

My plan for this book is to write it in Flash, around a thousand words a chapter, and hopefully, a chapter a week.

Many thanks for stopping by to read!
Have a great day, and God bless.
mike
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. papa55mike All rights reserved.
papa55mike has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.