General Non-Fiction posted April 6, 2021 Chapters:  ...14 15 -16- 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Animal Crackers Club

A chapter in the book Cat Tales

Shampoo and a Facial

by damommy


 
When I first got PC, he was the tiniest kitten I’d ever seen.  He could lay in my hand with room to spare.  He was in a box with two ginger kittens, both twice as big as he was, and his little eyes were all matted and glued shut.  I knew no one would take him.  So I did.  He has truly been a blessing as well as a source of entertainment and amazement.
 
There are so many things he does that fascinate me.  One is the time he kept jumping up the door.  I was afraid he’d come down on the doorknob and hurt himself, but he kept at it.  Finally, he touched the lintel.  That was it.  That was what he wanted to do.  When he had reached it, he walked away and never did it again.
 
Another time, he couldn’t reach a hook on a door.  He pushed a box over, climbed on the box, and flipped the hook up.  He was just a kitten when he did that.
 
I’ve always washed my hair in the sink, and he would climb up my leg until he could reach the counter to sit and watch me.  One day, on a whim, I put a little shampoo on my finger and rubbed it between his ears, rinsed it, and towel dried his head.  Then I proceeded to wash his face.  He liked it!
 
In May, he’ll be thirteen years old, and I watch him like a hawk for any signs of illness or trouble.  I give him an antibiotic shot bi-weekly to stave off the kidney infections he’s prone to have.
 
He keeps inventing things to entertain himself, and me.  But his favorite thing remains his “shampoo and a facial.”  

 



Recognized

Club entry for the "Topic of your choice" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.