Spiritual Non-Fiction posted April 3, 2021 Chapters: 3 4 -5- 6... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
We went back to the casino

A chapter in the book Gambling with God

The Next Round

by samandlancelot



Background
Would God want me to gamble? I think He wants me at the casino playing games. I didn't realize when I wrote my first chapter, this was a story to be continued. Journal entries begin with chapter two.
Update 4/3/21

In the last chapter, God told me we would win at the casino, and we lost at the casino. When Gary said we wouldn't return, I knew that was our win. We were ahead $925, and we would keep those winnings.

God got us ready for the next round.

Gary wanted to return to the casino today. I thought I would watch Gary and not play, and then God's Word about my winnings would still hold true. Then I realized God wanted me to play. I thought I already wrote my last chapter for this story, and I could look like a fool if I were wrong, but I'd rather look like a fool than to follow the wrong path.

The right path is to go where God sends me, no matter how it makes me look to others or to myself.

Unlike our visits prior to today, we decided to both play on different machines. I input my $100 into my machine. I had no direction from God. Every play I wanted to win, but I also wanted to know God's will. How should I look at this while I'm playing? I didn't want to go after the wins. I wanted God's will. He wanted me to play, but I had no direction beyond that.

At the end of our casino trip, Gary won $24, and I lost $100.

Fine.

But what did it mean?

I struggled. I prayed. Why did God want me to go back?

I believe He answered me.

Gary’s decision to stop going to the casino gave me my win; his decision to go back took it away. The plan is to give the casino back their money each time we go.

God's goal isn't that I win on the gaming machines. It helps to know that so I'm not looking for a win God doesn't plan to give me.

That's the plan I have from God today, and it is good.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. samandlancelot All rights reserved.
samandlancelot has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.