Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted March 30, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
dumb-fluencer

Man-up!

by Iza Deleanu


Man up! Really? After everything we've been through, the only way to move through this life smoothly is to find the courage and be somebody else, to man-up! What did the heck happen with Cinderella's story? Can anybody tell me why good girls don't go to heaven anymore?

The so-called feminists are commanding us to man-up! Nope, I prefer to girl-up. I am kind of a handful when it comes to my girly charm. Nobody can resist... my common sense; ha, ha, ha, got you! You're thinking something else. Sorry to disappoint, that thing is not my weapon. My weapon's my wit. I sometimes know cuts like a knife, but I blame my parents for it!

Look around you. What are the so call dumb-fluencer selling us? Women are powerful and in control. Duh! I don't need them to tell me that. I am living by this moral code. It has been embedded in my DNA. And me living already in a third country, it's proof of that. I can't tell you that whatever they are selling, I'm not buying! Why can't I be myself and still be successful? Why do I have to hide under the mask of ignorance? Okay, I do not wear makeup and sexy clothes. I don't feel the need to charm my way in anybody's life by using these cheap tricks.

I was lucky to be exposed to different political and spiritual movements, so it's not easy to dumb me down. I have the endurance of a bear!

I am fearless about my beliefs, and when I am scared, I always ask God to help me get out of that difficult situation. I believe that I have a couple of Guardian angels working full-time to keep me afloat. I was closed to death too many times, and somehow miraculously, I survived because they have been there to catch me.

So, yeah, you guys, go ahead and man-up. I am keeping my girly-up strategy. So far, it worked, and I survived for forty years. Cheers to all the girls from this world, my advice don't man-up, just be yourselves, I am living by this principle and I am still here.



Share Your Story contest entry

Recognized


So tired of those magazines and divas telling you how to dress, walk and talk if you want to be successful. They are so many dumb clones out there, why do we need more of the same kind?
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.