General Fiction posted March 29, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Two young girls find a strange man in the forrest.

The misunderstanding

by Gracie seals

One wonderfully bright morning a young lady by the name of Mildred decided to ask a friend if she wanted to go out on a Forrest walk with her.

Mildreds friends name was Josie, as Josie and Mildred went out on their walk the two of them discovered something quite odd.

It was an old man by the name of Damian, he was in his little cottage house, as the young lady's approached the tiny cottage Damian grabbed his shot gun and set fire.
just to scare us they thought, as quickly as they could Josie and Mildred ran home.

The next day Mildred and Josie went out on another walk, again as they seen Damians cottage out the corner of their eyes, the girls decide to walk on the opposite side of the Forrest just to be safe.

It was a few days later and Damian showed up at Mildreds house, being so shocked she yelled for her mother and later found that Damian was a friend of her mother's.

Mildred was furious and told her mother how Damian fired a gun at them, then Damian explained that he wasn't firing at Mildred and her friend Josie it was all a misunderstanding, he was actually firing at a wild hog in the Forrest.

So you see, Mildred and Josie learned you can't always think the worst about things that will only cause misunderstandings and confusion.



The Forest writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story about the forest and something in it. It has to be fictional and have at least 2 characters.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gracie seals All rights reserved.
Gracie seals has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.