General Non-Fiction posted March 29, 2021 Chapters:  ...21 22 -23- 24... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Continuation of my adventures.

A chapter in the book My Life

Warm Then Cold And Windy

by aryr



Background
We began full time RVing in 2013 and have greatly enjoyed the wonders of our great country. Sometimes we stay in a place just a couple of weeks and sometimes several months.
Well, as I said, we made it out of the mud, thank the Goddess. Oh and before I forget, we did get refunded the whole amount at the park we couldn't get into. The new park was nice enough to let us wash the truck and the camper. This way we could get rid of the mud caked on. After three weeks we were on the road again. This time we were headed north.

Unfortunately, the truck part (an ECM) we got in North Carolina, proved to be faulty and acted up when we were on our way to Nashville, Tennessee. We limped into the park, our power source in the truck would decelerate then come back on. So we did make it to Nashville. We were spending three days there, so that gave us time to have the truck checked. Regrettably the guy there had the truck for a whole day and didn't touch it, although he said he did. If he had he would have noticed a loose wire. So once again we limped down the road.

Our next stop was in the middle of nowhere in Missouri, the truck continued to do its thing. We finally made it to Sioux Falls, South Dakota on the evening of the 24th of March. We had made arrangements to do our MD visits there, since was our domicile, and our bank were there. Jim had called the trucking company to see about getting the ECM programmed. After two hours they called back to advise us that it was a dud. After $4000.00 dollars a new one was put in and it worked wonderfully. Now of course, I was on the phone to the company in North Carolina and was told that I could send it back that they did have a full warranty. When I explained that it was faulty to begin with and I would call the credit card company, I was told to do what I felt was needed and they were cutting ties with us. We shall see.

On Sunday, March 28th we pulled out for Bismarck, North Dakota. With the converted semi, the 46 foot camper and the itty bitty smart car it only took us six hours. We pulled into our favorite park and were greeted by ten new employees and about ten that will be here a little later (there are old employees who did not have to be here early).

So now we are back to the land of windy and although not freezing at night it will be shortly, water is on but with a caution to turn it off at night, if the campers do not have heated water hose (which we do).

Definitely another adventure, until the next time, be safe.




Safe travels whether a full time RVer or just going to work or shopping.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.