General Fiction posted March 28, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Letters from the future

Old Blue Planet

by zanya


Hi Gran,
How you doing on that old blue planet? Did C 19, stop killing you all? It was just a signal, Gran, to migrate.

When I exited on the Mars Express a decade ago, everyone was locked up.

When I  look through my Mars Meteorite,  I  see you earthlings, or  those of you still left.


Do you earthlings still  look at shops and drink coffee? How alien! O-o-ps, sorry that's our martian word.

So hip here on Mars. You can see forever. Wrecks of old space ships  lying around. You earthlings know how to make a mess. 

We can live anywhere in our cool pods. We don't need stuff. Living on earth, I was knee-deep in clutter, play stations, tablets, laptops.

 Night here is magical.  Two moons in the sky.  Sunsets  are purple and blue. I've forgotten what color sunset is on planet Earth. Remind me Gran when you signal me.

Gran, my signal code is a bit long. The blue planet is  out of date, but here goes anyway, 88''@@zxbn675--=="".

When we Martians signal our neighbours we  lodge a chip in our frontal lobe and we channel sound to see who  wants to connect.

 

 Channel  soon.

Your  Martian
Phobos( Mars moon name!)



Letters from the future contest entry


Image from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. zanya All rights reserved.
zanya has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.