General Fiction posted March 26, 2021 Chapters: -Prologue- 1... 


The Final Gabriel Hope Journey

A chapter in the book The Walkers

The Walkers

by papa55mike


Prologue

Why did mother give me the name of Prisha? It means God's gift. I was never a gift in my father's eyes being born the curse of India, a girl. A despicable creature in the Patriarchal System where boys are cherished. Girls are considered subhuman and caged like livestock.

In my eleven years in Supal, I have shared my existence with the family car. However, I've never ridden in it. My corner of the shed consists of a palette, a blanket, and a bucket to do my business in, then bury it.

Father has never accepted me in any way. He forces me to work in a factory, claiming my earnings while my younger brother attends school. When I am old enough, my father swears he will sell to a man who buys slaves for auction.

That night has finally come.

Headlights peering into the shed wake me in the middle of the night. I can see two figures approaching - one is my father.

I rise curiously from my bed at the sound of their voices. It sounds like the buyer wants to inspect the merchandise.

The silhouette of the buyer frightens me. His long pointed nose, stringy hair, and slight build are the spectacle of evil. "Yes, my friend. She is what we are looking for - you said she is a virgin."

"No one has touched this filthy beast of a child!" The father answers.

"Excellent, I long to see her body."

Father jerks off my sari and forces me to stand naked before them. I catch a glimpse of the buyer's hideous face and smile in the light.

My body quivers as he takes the gnarled index finger of his right hand and traces my budding breast. "Yes." Slowly walking behind me, he inspects every inch of my body. "She will bring a high price in the marketplace. I gladly will pay you the price you are asking." He hands father an envelope.

"What a pleasure to be rid of this worthless pig." Father spits in my face then draws back his hand to slap me.

"No!" The buyer shouts. "Do not damage the merchandise." He turns to me and says in the sweetest voice. "Get dressed, child, and come with me to a cherished life." He extends his hand to take.

I wrap my sari around me then glare at my father while walking away. Thankful to never see him again.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. papa55mike All rights reserved.
papa55mike has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.