General Poetry posted March 23, 2021 Chapters: -Prologue- 1... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Prologue

A chapter in the book Sunnilicious' NaPoWriMo, April 2021

NaPoWriMo April 2021

by sunnilicious



Poetry... It is a writing style. 

A writing style that allows our emotions to run around freely. Or not, because formats exist. Many of them.

Mass ideas can become a standard, if deemed acceptable. And even loners wish to, somehow, be part of a group. I am unsure why. Acceptance. Conformity. Maybe, it's human nature. Maybe, it's nature in general. Either way, poetic styles exist.

Stuck in pandemic boredom, personal developments have led me to re-imagine myself. I would like to study the History of Sonnets to write sonnets in its many forms. So, no more public library trips to read borrowed or reference poetry books. I finally invested in my very own copy of "Poetry for Dummies".

This is a fact... However, I can not commit to writing thirty sonnets in thirty days yet. I am still a very creative poetic writer. Gossip, news, observations, plants, animals, emotions and more makes me thrive.

Other passionate souls would easily understand how the fever of overflowing feelings exist. We help each other; reading, writing, critiquing and more... Also, I am glad some of these individuals are my friends that will take part of the National and/or International Poetry Writing Month too.
4th month of the year
30 poems, 30 days
Accept the challenge

Good luck to everyone, taking on the yearly challenge for the whole month of April. Thank you to all my supporters too.

Stay safe and strong. God bless you. 


Love always,
Sunnilicious (aka Soonire-Alicia Seecharan)
Burbank, Los Angeles, California



 




This is my prologue/abstract/synopsis to my start in National Poetry Writing Month for April 2021. It includes a short essay with 5-7-5. I forgot who taught me about using numbers in poetry, but it was a Fanstorian and too many years ago. May we always learn from each other.

Peace. Love. Happiness.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MKFlood at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. sunnilicious All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
sunnilicious has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.