General Fiction posted March 21, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
secret life as a space alien

Sam Adams Does Not Exist

by jake cosmos aller



Sam Adams went to work one day like he always had. Just another day in the life of a GOVBOT working for the man in DC. He worked for the Department of State as a civilian analyst working on international labor issues. He had been doing that for about ten years. His wife was serving in the military.
He lived in suburban Virginia. He had just returned to State from a stint overseas. He took the bus to Van Dorn Station and entered the main State building. His ID did not work, and DS agents came over to investigate it.
They took Sam to a back room and told him to wait.
Agent Steve Lee sat him down and informed him that they had contacted HR and received a cryptic response to their inquiries. Samuel Cosmos Adams did not exist as a current State Department employee they informed him. The ID had expired ten years ago when the owner, Sam Cosmos Adams had died from complications due to surgery.
Sam looked at Agent Lee and Agent Jones and mentally called them to twiddle dump and twiddle dee
Sam said
Look, dudes. There must be some mistake. I know who I am, and I know that I work here in the office of international labor affairs. Call the office and speak to the director they will verify my identity.
Agent Lee said
"Wait here we will check it out. But first, let's take a photo"
and they took a photo of Sam and asked him to sign it. And provide his date of birth and place of birth. Sam signed the photo and included his dob and place of birth.
Sam waited for half an hour. Agent Lee came back and said
"Well, we went to your office. No one knows who you are. Someone said that they knew Sam Adams ten years ago and he indeed died during surgery. They told Sam that all the State Department records are clear --Sam died in 1996 after suffering from a fall while running. And that Sam was dead and buried in the Bay Area. I had no wife and was unmarried. They had contacted Sam's two brothers who confirmed the fact that Sam had died in 1996 after a brief illness following surgery. The surgery had been done at the GW hospital. And they confirmed that Sam Adams was not married they said but he had a lot of girlfriends.
Sam asked if anyone from the State Department had been contacted. They said they confirmed with numerous people that knew me that I was indeed dead. I had a lot of friends who told me that they missed me because I was so unique, and I had some powerful enemies who had nothing good to say about me.
They had tracked down a number of my girlfriends who all said the same thing. One even said that we were engaged, and she was on her way to join me. She was a Thai woman who owned a Hotel Chain and was quite wealthy. It had taken her months to find out I had died.
They turned to me and asked me to prove who I was.
Sam asked them to tell what year it was and who was President. They told Sam it was 2009 and George Bush was now President for Life due to the emergency after the bombing of the WH by terrorists that led to the canceling of the election. The constitution had been suspended and the US lived under martial law.
Sam laughed and said that there must have been two alternative worlds that somehow merged. In my world, I was married, had survived the accident, had been promoted, and was assigned to Barbados along with my spouse who retired from the Army. And Joe Biden was President, after President Trump and President Obama and it was 2021.
They laughed. In their world, Obama had never become anybody important. And there were no blacks in a position of power as segregation was still the norm in the US. And inter-racial marriages were forbidden.
They contacted my wife who showed up and we were taken to an undisclosed location for further questioning. Agent Lee said that the President and others were pushing them hard to determine who I was and whether my wife and were enemy agents.
They asked my wife some basic questions and quickly confirmed that she too was using a deceased ID and was not working in the military.
They pulled out a test tube and took our blood for DNA analysis.
They left us alone for the rest of the day waiting for the DNA analysis. The results came back the next day,
Agent Lee came in with his superiors, including the director of the CIA. George Smith. Mr. Smith said,
"Well, it appears that these two are not human beings. They are aliens from another planet. You are going to go to Area 51 where we will detain you until you tell us who you are and since you are not Americans, torture will be authorized starting upon your arrival. Take them away."

They continued to drill us for days asking us how we got our badges, how we managed to pull out the scam, while we were doing it etc, etc. and they subjected us to torture every day, including long questioning under waterboarding and drugs. But we kept to our cover story.
Rumors were spreading and a cover story was leaked that we were Cuban spies poising as US embassy employees.
One day two new DS agents, Agent Smith, and Agent Johnson wake me up and take me from the prison cell to another joint interrogation with Angela. We had been kept in neighboring rooms but forbidden direct contact.
During the interrogation, the two agents start shaking and their skin falls off revealing themselves to be green skin humanoids. Then our skin shakes off and we are indeed aliens. They give me a shot and my real memories flood in.

Angela and I were indeed deep cover aliens and our cover had been blown when I had inquired why the new State system said I did not exist. That little problem had caused lots of problems as other deep-cover aliens were being exposed. It was time to time us home as our expertise was needed in the final stages of the Occupation Plans as the invasion was to take place in a few days.
A spaceship had arrived, and we were taken home.





Someone Else writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
You (or your character) wakes up and are someone different.


what if you woke up and were accused of being a space alien?
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jake cosmos aller All rights reserved.
jake cosmos aller has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.