General Fiction posted March 8, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
How easily we become a prey to Satan, but God is the victor

A Journey Into Sin

by PENofFIRE

Demon Attack Contest Winner 

The devil made me do it! This is a adage we jokingly use when we talk about our sin; and we've all taken that journey into sin. We may take different roads to get there, but unless we deviate from the path taken, we all end up in the same place, at the feet of Disaster. This particular journey begins as so many do, with an unwary soul.

He sits at a small table in a bistro sipping a cup of coffee. Because his guard is down, she walks right in through his eye-gate and Lust slithers into his heart. It takes but a moment to make that fatal decision and then the deed is done. Consent allows Pleasure to run free throughout his entire body, and Desire is inflamed. It becomes a beast that cannot be contained. It must find its way out and run its course, which then invites Destruction into his soul. No one told him it would be a haunting experience, like ghosts that never die.

He finds himself leading a double life. One life lived for all to see, and one lived in the nether world where lies prevail and truth cannot be found. His biggest lie is told to himself, "No one else will know." Sin hides from the sinner only. It seeps out from its hidden world and pours forth from the eyes, mouth, posture and every other area of communication of its host.

Destruction lurks about, waiting for the right moment to do its greatest work. The more souls involved in its web, the stronger it becomes. It weaves its way into the dark corners of the sinner's mind. It lulls him into a stupor where shame and embarrassment are forgotten, and integrity and one's good name disappear like the morning mist.

Gossip steps into the picture, and with great glee, goes to work. The phones and internets are kept busy. With tongues loosened, the workplace becomes a breeding ground to do its damage. Gossip's greatest success comes if it can move into the church where a prayer request is made for the situation, and as the request is passed on, it crosses over the line to Gossip.

Lies tumble out of the mouth and are caught in the hands of Confusion, who tosses them about in disarray. It causes the sinner to scramble about trying to make a semblance of order to what he had said, desperately trying to sort truth from lies. The sinner need not bother, for truth spoken from the lips of a liar is spurned by all. Truth, the solid rock, is crumbling beneath his feet, leaving the sinner with no stabilizing factor to stand on. Chaos reigns. That demon spirit of Lying has won a great victory.

Destruction gorges itself to the point of exploding, ready to spew forth death upon the beaten and bloody sinner. In their rush to devour their prey, the attacking demons whip themselves into a frenzy, deciding they would do away with Subtlety. This is all out war and they are going in for the kill. However, without Subtlety, their cover is gone and they are exposed for who they are. It was their subtle approach that kept the sinner lulled into a state of unawareness.

Suddenly, the sinner comes to himself and realizes he is being brutally attacked by all the demons of hell. He flees for his life with the demons in hot pursuit. Realizing he is losing the battle, the sinner falls to his knees and his cries can be heard throughout the halls of heaven; "Jesus, forgive me, I am so sorry. Help me!" At that moment, Hell is forced to let go of its prey.

With that, a great implosion takes place as Destruction collapses in upon itself, bringing down with it, Lust, Gossip, Lying, Confusion, Chaos and all the other tormenting demons assigned to this sinner. Screaming and cursing, the demons slink back to the bowels of hell. Their leader filled with rage shrieks, "Fools, you lost your victim. Don't just sit there sulking, go find another unwary soul."

All the demons of hell fly from their fiery abode, beady eyes watching for anyone whose guard may be down, waiting for that right moment to enter through their gates.


Writing Prompt
Write a story about demons or imps attacking a man soul. The only stipulation is that it must have a Godly rescue. No poetry.

Demon Attack
Contest Winner
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. PENofFIRE All rights reserved.
PENofFIRE has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.