General Poetry posted March 5, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a poem

my mother's daughter

by judester

A long lost song will take me back
or some familiar smell,
memories of childhood
my inner child heart swells.

Lovely Christmas mornings,
pastel Easters, Halloween.
Sweet country air in her corvair
and all days in between.

I am my Mother's daughter,
in my eyes right to my core.
She made my life so wonderful,
I could not love her more.



























Childhood writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a rhyming poem about your childhood. It can be good or bad, happy or sad.


Oh my mom, She taught me so much when she thought I wasn't listening. We were a big happy family with five sisters and one brother.

Holidays were always fun. She would decorate and make costumes (Mickey and Minnie mouse, Pierrot and Pierrette, cat in the hat hat) A hounds tooth bag for my tools, paisley cover for my pool cue, etc.

My friends all call her Mom. She is adventurous and came to visit me a couple times in Tanzania and Zanzibar. We spent many years in the woods of Vermont...just pioneering.

She is curious and clever. Some of her little inventions just make me laugh with the simplistic ingenuity.

I love my childhood memories and especially these days they are a joy to recover and remember.
She used to drive a little blue corvair and I remember going to the country to buy corn ($1 for 2 dozen, sigh)

That one moment was captured as a memory. A summer afternoon, driving in the country with the wind and sun on our face. My mom in her prime.

She is warm, happy and safe these days in a perfect apartment for her. She always has some project going on and reads alot.
I know she misses me and I miss her.

My perfect mom.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.