General Non-Fiction posted March 1, 2021 Chapters:  ...19 20 -21- 22... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Continuation of my adventures.

A chapter in the book My Life

North Carolina

by aryr



Background
Our ongoing adventures, traveling from state to state for Jim's work.
Three weekends ago, Jim and I decided to travel some of the back roads of North Carolina. So, we climbed into our little Smart car and took off on our adventure.

Now as a reader, you have to understand that we had one sunny day since we got here on January 10/21. We have had rain each day or night and sometimes for several days. The daytime temperature was between 29 to 35 degrees Fahrenheit which is roughly -1.7 to 2 degrees Celsius.

As we traveled, we noticed that we went over several small bridges that covered everything from a small sized creek to a larger stream. About every three miles we crossed a bridge. There were indeed a lot of creeks, Jim joked about having to walk back up to the bridge to cross over.

We were gone about three hours and were able to see a variety of homes. From farmhouses to newer constructions. We also saw several under construction, with all the rain we have had, I think there might be water damage. However, it is just my opinion.

The most amazing thing we saw was an albino donkey/mule and three albino piglets. Lots of cows of different colors, the same with horses and donkeys. I did notice that the dogs remained on the property rather than chase cars.

Our adventure was just that, an adventure. Until the next time...


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.