Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted February 28, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Where my dog waits for me.

The Rainbow Bridge

by Aussie


Just this side of heaven is a special place called the Rainbow Bridge. My dog Toby waits for me on the other side of the bridge.
When an animal passes from this life they join all the animals that have passed over. No longer are they sick, crippled or abused. They are whole again, they play with other pets in meadows and climb mountains to their delight.

God looks after all the animals that have been restored to their wellness. There is plenty of food and water and they are never cold.
All the animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; leaving their owners behind, they wait for them to join them in paradise.

My Toby, now young and happy will look for me as he watches the Rainbow Bridge where all souls pass over. Animals return to their own kin and humans find their loved ones.
Toby will run from his group, when he knows I am waiting to cross the Rainbow Bridge. When that day comes, we will be reunited and no longer will my heart be broken, nor his.

All living creatures return home, when we meet again he will show me all the love he has been waiting to bestow, lots of wet kisses and I will be whole and no longer crippled. We will run together in god's green hills and along His sandy shores.



True Story Flash contest entry

Recognized


Contest entry for True Flash: Toby died two weeks ago. My heart is broken. Time is a great healer and I believe in the Rainbow Bridge and look forward to seeing him and being whole again.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Aussie All rights reserved.
Aussie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.