Biographical Non-Fiction posted February 24, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Invisible Rash Appears in a FLASH

Vaccination Follies: Take Two

by Elizabeth Emerald

Yesterday, my man-friend got his second dose of the Coronavirus vaccine. For those who missed yesterday's post, Chuck was convinced he'd have an allergic reaction that would render him unable to breathe.

The reason he thought this was that, after having received the first dose, three weeks ago, an invisible rash appeared, so to speak, to plague him for the next 18 days (per daily journal entries).

As the days passed, the rash became ever more invisible, and thus all the more maddening. Three days ago, Chuck's itchy torment was trumped by a clogging sensation in his throat, whence the leap to anaphylaxis pending.

The vaccine was administered at ten-thirty yesterday morning; the aftermath was unremarkable. Per protocol, Chuck spent an hour under observation at the clinic, after which the nurse assured him he was good to go. The worst that could befall him were aches and low-grade fever. If these symptoms were to develop, their onset would be within a day or two; ditto their duration.

Chuck was not bothered by the prospect of transitory discomfort; he remained fixated on the potential that the rash, which had subsided, would return with a vengeance and "go for the throat." Last night, I stayed at Chuck's apartment in the event that he'd be too choked up to contend with 9-1-1.

I'd never before spent the night. Nor has anyone; the spare bedroom and adjoining bathroom serve, respectively, as storage unit and dumpster. Chuck emptied the junk from the tub, and cleared a path so that I'd be able to maneuver between the borrowed inflatable mattress and the place of business.

At one in the morning, Chuck went off to DreamLand, whilst I sojourned in StoryLand, where time has no meaning.

I awoke not-so-bright and early, after two hours of sleep, having gone to bed early (i.e. at 3:30 AM).

Chuck hadn't slept much better. The phantom rash was in full bloom, wreaking subcutaneous havoc; his throat was jam-packed with phlegm.

I assured Chuck that the influx of phlegm was fortuitous as regards the vaccination, it was due to his having contracted an ordinary cold virus.

I should know; I caught it.




 




Corona Bird on a Wire by RachelYoung on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.