Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted February 20, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Private messaging may be in order

Dicey Dilemma: On the Record?

by Elizabeth Emerald


Many times I've read a brilliant piece and deferred my review until my stash was replenished, rather than be obliged to whine the familiar lament: "Wish I had a six." Once, having another six days to wait, and not wanting my fan to think I'd overlooked her post, I messaged her "See you Sunday!"

There are other, less felicitous, circumstances that merit private messaging. Bear in mind that review commentary is public. Though you can modify the text of your original review, others may already have seen what you wished you hadn't written.

Regardless, the writer's response, and your response to his, etc., etc., cannot be unsaid. Criticism can escalate into defensiveness can escalate into snideness can escalate into ugliness.

If you foresee the spiral, and can't resist the temptation to retort, at least take it off-line.

Though I confess to taking much amusement in the spectacular jousting of sundry witty and witless warriors.

Provided the battle is not on my turf.




 



Recognized


When you wish upon the stars by Angelheart on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Angelheart at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.