General Fiction posted February 19, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Kids wonder

The dew

by Iza Deleanu


It was an early summer morning. The child sneaked out of the house and ran into the garden. He loved the roses, and this particular morning they had a certain glow. Jay was sitting in front of a velvety rose, smiling.

He was looking at the spiderweb that was shimmering in the sun just like diamonds.

They were drops of heaven that he wanted to touch, but was scared. He tried that before and they dissolved into tears.

His mom approached the garden and tried to see why her child was sitting still and smiling.

Jay saw her silhouette and made the sign of silence, then tip-toed closer to her.

"Mom, how I can touch those diamonds from the top of the rose?"

"Jay, those diamonds are drops of dew. The moment you touch them, they will dissolve into water."

"Then I can taste them, right?"

"Yes. They say dew is the purest water on Earth because is coming from heaven."

Jay gently kissed the rose and exclaimed: "Mmm, so sweet. The best water I ever drunk. It's better than the bottled water that you give me when I go to kindergarten. Let's do it again, tomorrow."

"Jay, tomorrow there might be none. So, I don't want you to be disappointed. If it's going to rain... that will be a different story. Let's check the rest of the roses, there might still be some drops of dew, untouched by insects and birds, hanging on to be discovered by you, sweet child."

"It's okay mom, let's enjoy it today. Let's keep on checking, you are right we might find some more. Our Father is always kind, so he might leave us another gift of heaven. Look, mom, under that leaf, there are three more drops. Mmm, so yummy! Would you like some? You said that is good to share."

"No, Jay, thank you. I just had my breakfast. Maybe, tomorrow?"

"Yes, mom, tomorrow we might see another miracle. I can't wait to share that with you. Do you think we might see rubies and those beautiful emeralds?"

"Maybe."


Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by helvi2 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.