General Flash Fiction posted February 18, 2021 Chapters:  ...7 8 -9- 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A town shocked

A chapter in the book Psych Out News

Accidental Death Turned Sexual

by Mia Twysted


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.
A woman thought to have perished in a Florida boating accident is now believed to have died of foul play instead.

The body of Frequent Flyer Specialist Anya Vaughn, 54, washed up on the Florida shores a month after her captain's boat exploded, with her believed to be aboard.

Vaughn's body, found by a group of local teens, was naked and bound. Her hands had been zip-tied behind her back, and her ankles fastened together with a rope. A rope, police believe at one time, was attached to an anchor at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.

The New York resident was on vacation in Florida with her husband of three and half years, 32-year-old Aiden Shannon. Shannon, a software developer, was considered a suspect by the police in the initial investigation. However, they didn't have any solid evidence that placed Shannon on or near the boat at the time of the explosion.


Stan Halin, 43, owner and operator of Grasshopper Lawns, reported to police he had overheard Vaughn and Shannon talking about having a "special rendezvous out on the water" the morning before Vaughn's boat exploded.

Police had been able to establish Shannon's presence on the dock at the Wavebird Country Club; but not on the boat itself.

Vaughn's sister Amelia Baxter, 50, wife of Corporate Executive Matthew Baxter, was outraged. She said she informed police she had "suspected foul play from the very beginning."

"The light in her life was a fire burning all around her," Baxter said about her sister. Who, she said, she, "warned" that "her appetite would be the death of her."

News of Vaughn's body reached her former assistant, Jennifer Ware, 25, who told police the couple had been fighting almost constantly fighting the week before the initial "accident."

Ware said she would have come forward sooner had not she "been unfairly fired by Vaughn" or "the news had suggested any foul play was involved."

These recent developments gave officials reason to re-open the case, and they have taken Shannon into custody.

Shannon made a statement to the press that he and his wife often indulged in "sexual fantasies." However, when he presented his current vision to her, she "turned up her nose and just refused." The fantasy Shannon was hoping to share with his wife was cannibalism.

Sonny Hoover, 31, Shannon's long-time friend and business partner, said after Shannon killed his wife, he "went on a whiskey diet and immediately lost three days." Hoover also said it was "after he sobered up" that he "confessed the whole ordeal" to him. Hoover is being charged with accessory after the fact.

Vaughn's ex-husband Sterling Vaughn III, 57, Senior Accountant at Golden, Alpine, and Andrew said his ex-wife lived to "create scandal" and "now with her death she had done the same."

Wavebird Country Club members are "shocked" and "severely troubled by the turn of events in this case," said Manager of the club Thomas Herring. He added he "couldn't imagine there docks being used to in such a nefarious crime" and would like to ensure the club members and the public that they will be "installing a new security system on the docks."


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mia Twysted All rights reserved.
Mia Twysted has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.