Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted February 18, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Treatment Tri-lemma in the reign of Corona

Three-way Catch-22

by Elizabeth Emerald

My daughter is in a quandary. Multiple Sclerosis has weakened Lauren's immune system, which puts her at increased risk of contracting Corona and, if she were to, of it taking a dangerous course.

There is controversy regarding whether vaccination is advisable for those with her condition. Too soon to know; too close to call in the meantime.

Lauren's illness has progressed; her medication has been ineffective. She's facing a course of intravenous infusions, which, while aggressively contending with the devastation wrought by the disease, will further weaken her immune system.

Which further increases her risk as regards Corona.

Vaccination must be deferred until two months post-infusion. 

Which further increases her risk as regards Corona.


 



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.