Spiritual Non-Fiction posted February 16, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A true miracle in my life

How Mysterious is This?

by damommy


Back in the mid’80s, I woke up one night with the most terrible pain in my right chest and shoulder.  I was sure it was a heart attack.
 
Now, as I tell this story, keep in mind that my youngest son was asleep across the hall from me, and another son was working night as a janitor to pay his way through college.  I could have awakened my son across the hall, or even called the other son.  I chose to call my mother who was six miles away.
 
Quite a bit of time passed, it seemed to me, and I thought she wasn’t coming.  I’m writhing on the floor, trying to find some relief.
 
Mother got there and took me to the ER where it was said it was only a very mild attack, and I’ve had no trouble since.
 
The reason it took her so long is, when she woke up to the phone, her house was filling with gas.  The flame had gone out in her gas heater.  Had I not called when I did, she would soon have been dead.
 
Tell me God doesn’t work in mysterious ways!  (Although, I did tell Him a simple “call your mother” would have done.  Lol).

 



Story of the Month contest entry

Recognized

Club entry for the "Miracles" event in "God in Your Life".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.