Essay Fiction posted February 7, 2021 Chapters:  ...86 87 -88- 89... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Sunday treat

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Spice Apple Caramel?

by Iza Deleanu

Before Coronella, oh man, this sounds like before Christ, and you know the rest.

So, before Coronella Sundays were very organized: go to church and in the  afternoon go to a restaurant and a Movie Theater.

Now, I'm going to church with restricted attendance - a maximum of twenty people, all real Ninja warriors, especially today when it was minus 35 degrees.

My friend and I, after church, we drive through the neighborhood Starbucks to get our imitation of the Sunday ritual. Fear not, other people got the same idea, so there is quite a line.

After we buy our Apple Spice Caramel drink, we do a drink-through, which means park in front of Starbucks and drink and talk in... the car of course, because of Madame Coronella we all learn a new skill - how to socialize in the car.

Don't worry if you don't have a car, you can still socialize... with the guy who's delivering your groceries to your door.

You know, we usually exchange the same"pleasantries" vaccination rates, Coronella death rates, and the number of infected.

Why this order? It's easy; vaccination's bringing hope, death more for us, infected - well bad luck. After we exchange our usual rant behind the masks we end always with the same question: "Why is the rate of the infected so big when we are on lockdown? Like how is possible when the restaurants and gyms are closed for people to get to flood the statistics and now to even come back with the new mutations.

So yeah, go and get your apple spiced caramel and don't worry, be happy.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.