Children Poetry posted February 7, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Reflections

Memories

by Cecilia Lynne1

This is the time of year,
When gloves,woolen scarfs,sweaters and coats appear.
Children don't seem to notice the cold or mind the ice and snow.
They just enjoy having fun, displaying lots of energy, and always on the go.
Busy building a snowman.
Creating snowballs to throw in hand.
Pulling the skates out to glide on the ice.
Nothing appears at this time to be a sacrifice.

For we who are older, reflect upon the days.
Remembering our childhood was fun and similar in so many ways.
We now watch from our windows as the children play.
Huddling and cuddling by a fire or heater to remain warm, as we pray.
Often with others we reminisce, share, enjoy the younger generation and say,
How we're feeling colder, growing older, but giving thanks, with a grateful heart everyday.




Winter sonnet writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a sonnet about WINTER. It can be any format. The only requirements are (1) that it has 14 lines and (2) that it rhymes. NO FREE VERSE.


Past reflections as a senior of the days I spent as a youth enjoying "Winter".
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Cecilia Lynne1 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Cecilia Lynne1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.