General Poetry posted February 6, 2021 Chapters: 1 -2- 3... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An Octelle

A chapter in the book Potlatch 2021

Niggled

by Debra White



I'm the FanStory voting booth
and I thoroughly disapprove
when you've made up your mind 'fore
you've even walked through my door
and then place your vote without
checking all contenders out.
I'm the FanStory voting booth
and I thoroughly disapprove.


 




It has come to my attention (on many more than one occasion when entering, or being nominated for a contest) that the number of total votes placed in the voting booth add up to way more than the views of my entry.

For example, there are a total of 69 votes placed in the Poem of the Month booth this month. My entry had only 40 views and this is including the views before the booth opened!

In other words, the voters are not reading all of the entries. It niggles me!

Niggle - to cause slight but persistent annoyance, discomfort, or anxiety.

** Please note, I am not being a bad sport about the result of the contest AT ALL, but I DO believe that there is a lack of integrity shown in the voting booths.

Anyway, mini rant over :)

The Octelle is a poem consisting of
* 8 lines using personification and/or symbolism in a telling manner.
*syllable count is 8/8/7/7/7/7/8/8,
*rhyme scheme is A1A2bbccA1A2. The first two lines and the last two lines are identical (refrain).

Image courtesy of Google

Club entry for the "OCTELLE ~week of 2-5-2021" event in "Put Pen To Paper Potlatch Poetry Club".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Debra White All rights reserved.
Debra White has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.