Satire Fiction posted January 22, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
kids on diet

The Diet

by Iza Deleanu


“Listen up, crew, starting with today no more midnight snacking, and Dinu no more eating at 2 am, and the other am's. We are all on diet!”

 
“Yes, mom! I have no problem with that, said Leo.”
 
”You, mother fortune of kitty traitor; speak for yourself! I need my snacks and extra meals!”
 
“ Dinu, language, please!”
 

“But, mommy, I need my snacks, because I am bored!”
 

“Well, son, I have a cure for that too! No more sleeping with the chickens and waking up with the roosters. You ‘ll go to bed at 10 pm instead of 6 pm!”
 

”But mom, I like to sleep early.”
 
”You do? What the heck Dinu, we live in apartment; there are no cattle to attend! Why can you be like your brother?”
 

Dinu turned around and hissed at his brother: “You, mommy's boy!”
 
” Boys, do we have an agreement?”

 
Dinu sighted and exclaimed: “Like we have a choice. You are the master of the universe, and I’m not big enough to burglar for my food, mommy!”
 
“I know, you are too posh for that type of food! You prefer the sterile one, that comes from a can, Vet recommended, said Leo moving his tail in front of Dinu's nose!”
 
“Man you stink, go and wash your tail! Mom, why have you so suddenly decided to put all of us on diet?”
 
No, Dinu, the vet said that you are too chubby for your age, so we diet, now, because of you!”



Short short story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short short story exactly 250 words


250 words according to the old boy Word:) The lines I used are dialogue lines, they are used in some parts of Europe.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.