General Fiction posted January 21, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
What to do when your papers aren't good?

Bad Grades

by Monica Chaddick



The little boy was taking his time walking home. He had received graded papers today, and was in no hurry to get home and hand them to his mom. His teacher had not only written notes on his papers about him rushing through his work and goofing off, but she had also requested a meeting with his parents.

He knew that he would be in trouble with his mom, and even more trouble once his dad got home. It was true what the teacher said. He did rush through his work, and he did goof off in class. It was fun to goof off, and doing work was boring. He knew deep down that he could get the right answers if he just took a little more time, but he just didn't care enough to do that. He felt that school was a stupid waste of time.

As he walked through the door, Mom called out that she was in the kitchen making his snack. He didn't want a snack. He wanted to hide. Instead, he slumped his shoulders even more and dragged himself into the kitchen. He fell into a chair and allowed his backpack to drop to the floor.

He handed his papers to his mom, who read with a disappointed look on her face. She grounded him and made him redo all of the work that he had done wrong. Later, Dad made him take out the trash. This was not going to be a fun week.



Short short story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short short story exactly 250 words
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Monica Chaddick All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Monica Chaddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.