Satire Script posted January 18, 2021 Chapters:  ...12 13 -14- 16... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
dry cleaning pr. 2

A chapter in the book Kaleidoscope

Dispute 9

by Iza Deleanu


The setting is one empty room. There is only one actor who plays all the characters.


Me: Mr. Dry Cleaner, wake up! You're going to be late for your first day of work! May God grant you many more!

Evil Me: What the heck? It's only 6 am.

Me: I know, my Precious. But you need to move your ass-ets out of the house by 6.30. Remember, we are too poor to afford a car, so you need to take the bus. For that location is exactly one-hour commute.

Evil Me: I should've found something closer to home.

Me: You snooze, you lose, so rise and shine, funny guy!

Evil Me: Okay, stop hovering, I'm going.

Me: 10 am, no sing of Hamlet. I hope this works!

Lunch time a weak knock on the door. Me runs to see what happened. I know we are too broke to do Skip the Dishes, or order anything from Amazon.

Me: Oh, God, I hope is not the Landlord, we are late with the rent. Yes, who is there?

Evil Me: It's me, I am back and please don't have a heart attack!

Me: Okay, cancel heart attack, but what are you doing home? You supposed to be done at 4 pm.

Evil Me: Yes, but they send me home early... and asked me never to come back!

Me: Why? What did you do, that they had to fire you on your first day?

Evil Me: Not too much! Those guys are so cheap-enstein.

Me: How come?

Evil Me: Well, I drunk all their coffee and eat all their cookies. How should I know that they were just polite, and I supposed to say thank you and only have one cup of coffee, and one cookie. They had no idea who I was. The Prince of Denmark can have whatever he wants... for free and unlimited.

Me: Were those treats for the customers?

Evil Me: Kind off... But, please don't worry I will apply for a different position in the same domain. Now, I have lots of experience.

Me: You do? How much have you learnt in a few hours?

Evil Me: I am smart. I know what to do:
1. No eating cookie or drinking coffee on the job
2. Be polite and whatever the client asks I have to say: certainly, we can do that. For example: do you do wet cleaning? Do you do Ironing?
3. I have to say at the end of the conversation, thank you for your business, it was a pleasure to work with you
4. Open the door for the client after he is picking up the clothes
5. Don't empty the tip bank until the end of the day
6. Whenever the Boss asks something, I should smile and say, Yes, Boss!


Me: I am impressed. So where is this new job?

Evil Me: Well, it's across the street. The owners are Russian, and they open at reasonable hours.

Me: Oh, my I wonder what kind of "laundry they are  dry cleaning."

Evil Me: No worries, bro. I already introduced myself and talk about my experience in the business. I think I charmed them, because they said: Harasho! Zavtra devet ceasa!

Me: You are starting tomorrow at nine?

Evil Me: Yup!

Me: And please, no quitting this time, okay?

Evil Me: Yes, Boss!


 
TO BE CONTINUED


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.