Romance Poetry posted January 18, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Haibun for the Love Poem contest

Petals in the Rain

by June Sargent

In the early morning mist, her tears do not feel wet on her cheeks. The spring breeze is gentle. Unlike the cherry blossoms that return faithfully in the spring - he did  not.

******************************
with every tear
memories begin to bloom -
petals in the rain 



Love Poem writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a love poem without using the words love, kiss, romance, soul,heart,boyfriend, girlfriend, husband wife or sexual terms.


The haibun is the combination of two poems: a prose poem and haiku. The form was popularized by the 17th century Japanese poet Matsuo Basho. Both the prose poem and haiku typically communicate with each other, though poets employ different strategies for this communication.

The prose poem usually describes a scene or moment in an objective manner. "I" isn't often used, if at all. Meanwhile, the haiku follows the typical rules for haiku.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MKFlood at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. June Sargent All rights reserved.
June Sargent has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.