Satire Fiction posted December 27, 2020 Chapters:  ...71 72 -73- 74... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Christmas in pandemic time

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Come and Gone again

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

That is right! This Christmas has come and gone without a trace. There is no memory left behind, no grandiose party, and even the birth of Christ was banned, or better say erased because they closed the churches. The sad part for me is that it comes with zero presents. Santa skipped me this year. I must have been naughty, not nice.

I am not complaining; overall, it was a good year. I am alive and kicking for now, despite Coronella going on a rampage around me. Would I last another year? God knows. Right now, I am fighting with hubby dear, every day. Nothing makes him happy, but what about me? Does anybody care about me and my feelings? I am too busy to mending other's people feelings. I am Mother T in action. This is quite exhausting.

He is not used to staying so long in the house, and now space is too tight for all four of us. Yup, the kitties are part of the household too. He should take this stupid fight outside! My kitties are running like bunnies, and he is going ballistic on us. Why is he not yelling at Miss Coronella? After all, this is her fault. Why did she lock up us in the house with people that sometimes hit pause on the Like section? He is disturbing our household balance. Usually, I am the one doing all the yelling and planning in the house. Now, he decided to show me his muscles and paint the bedroom... on Christmas day. This left me literally with no bed and all the things packed up, or better said, thrown out in the middle of the living room. Go figure Christmas dinner from this point on!

Lately, it takes so little to put me in a defensive mood. I am like EL NINO, and you should hear my lovely voice shouting not so nice words. Like, come on, man! You want a Christmas dinner, how I am supposed to arrange for that, when I need to slalom through things that you deposit everywhere, including the small section, we call a kitchen.

You know, I can't wave my magic wand and make shit happen! The only thing I can do right now is to install the app, Skip the Dishes, and order... dinner. It is not going to be the usual Christmas dinner, but something boxed and Asian? Oh, God, my mom will be so sad! You eat what you sow, brother!

If Coronella made you go nachos, my calm is gone too! When there is too much pressure, the only thing I can do is disappear for a few hours and think, I need a quiet place where I can talk to God. And they closed the libraries and YMCA. I love to talk to God when I am in the swimming pool. As I lie in the pool, I let the blue liquid cover me, as I watched the sky. I hear the water and my breathing as my heart slows down, and all my worries are washed away. There is no more sickness in the world. There is just God and joy. I feel so much happiness, peaceful love towards the people around me, and wisdom.

Coronella or not, God felt my pain and cry for help, so he sent me a proper Christmas. This year all my friends bought me Romanian cookies and the traditional Romanian food served for the Christmas dinner: cabbage rolls with pork meat and rice, pork jelly, fish, and cheese pie. I know there is a lot of pork at our Christmas dinner. I know we are funny this way: we eat lamb for Easter and pork for Christmas. Please don't ask me why, because I have no clue. The fish is important because the tradition says we will swim free as fish in the New Year. Another tradition's to put money inside the pie. Whoever finds them will be rich next year.

Even if Coronella is here to stay, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, she will be kicked out of our lives very soon.



Recognized


I use the word nachos - for going nuts, Mother T is short from Mother Teresa. Thank you for sharing and please help me correct my grammar errors.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.