Satire Fiction posted December 21, 2020 Chapters:  ...70 71 -72- 73... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
fine by me

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Call me Crazy

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

With the new fines introduced by the City I am just visualizing the following conversation taking place, especially since there are so many "concerned citizens" that are so bored from watching Netflix and drinking cheap beer, that they will call the Peace Officer for nothing.

- Fine! Fine me! Sue me, but let me go since I am already paying, I might as well enjoy it!

- Sir, you're not allowed to go into that house! Even if you pay the one thousdnd dollars now as a fine you're still not allowed to go! It's the Law! said the Peace Officer.

- Really? Show me the freaking law!

- There... it's a city by-law in effect that bans visiting people.

- Yeah? What's the number? Can you show it to me? Can I visit pets, then?

- Well, there it's a communique from the city in Edmonton that bans gathering.

- Listen up, Mr. Covidoid Peace Officer, "piss off", until you show me an official piece of legislation, you can shovel this fine down the drain or find another abiding citizen to pay this crap, because I can't afford it. The city let me go when they closed the libraries. By the way, whoever called you in the name of a "concern idiot", pardon me citizen, I think got this scenario wrong. This person lives alone and according to the same city bullshit, I am allowed to take care of the mental well-being of this person who lives like this since March. Check my bags, if you please. I have groceries and some bare necessities that will help maintain a proper hygiene and keep Coronella away. See, I brought him some apples... one a day  to keep the doctor away. You know, this is necessary, since there are no beds available in ICU!

- Okay, now I understand. You may proceed.

- Don't mind, if I do. For the future, please before giving somebody a heart attack, check the facts. They are so many fake callers and pranksters.

- Okay, sorry, Sir! Have a good day!

- Yeah, Merry Christmas and tell the Mayor to find another source of increasing the city budget, because the Edmonton population is brokenstein, and the fines are going to buy him a seat "out"!




https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/city-of-edmonton-clamping-down-on-enforcement-of-provincial-covid-19-restrictions-28-tickets-issued-within-past-week
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.