Horror and Thriller Fiction posted November 27, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
(500 words) Present-day style of assassination activity.

Murder Unmasked

by LisaMay





You’ll note my matter-of-fact tone in the telling of this narrative. Being a paid hit-woman was my job – I’m used to people dying because of my actions. The Organization hired me – an attractive woman – because they knew a target would drop his guard by assuming a woman has compassion and empathy. Such mealy-mouthed sentiment! I only know the meaning of the words, not the feelings. 

Often the mark assumed I was a sex object to dominate. Sometimes the target assumed he’d find love with me, then assumed I’d return that love. Such simple minds – they made my assassinations easy. Where was the challenge? Assumptions get people killed. Killing people was so easy I became bored. Death is such an everyday occurrence – the pandemic is the new assassin in town. 

I enjoyed the personal touch when ‘executing’ my tasks. I found pleasure in the planning, the surveillance, the deed done – that twist of hot rapture in my cold soul with every twist of the blade or wire cord. However, since I retired recently from hands-on killing, I’ve been carrying out projects anonymously while sitting at home, and I don’t need to wear a masked disguise. 

My new assassination success – oh, yes, I do succeed, and there will be many future successes  – is for the greater good. There has been so much unnecessary suffering. Sometimes a strategic death is required for a short, sharp lesson. People need to take more notice in this evil, manipulative world. They need to take more notice of ME.  

These current hits are even easier for me than stalking my victims in the real world. I can get into their minds and control them via my computer or phone. Words and their misuse can cause fatalities. They are my new weapons. The pen is mightier than the sword I occasionally used. I can set up the situation from home, then my target does my work for me. It’s delicious. Sometimes their deaths are messy, causing blood to spill and spread. The widening pool of pain spreads to their families and friends, lingering forever. Sometimes a youth suicide will lead to a chain reaction of suicidal thoughts amongst other young people. I hate it when that happens – I want to plant the seed myself. Copycats! I resent plagiarists. They don’t deserve to breathe the fresh air of originality.

People are so ridiculously idealistic about love. A lonely man will spill his private thoughts and before he can zip his exposed heart I will shame him all over the Internet. Or I can pretend to be a teenage girl and lure a young lad or silly old fool into make-believe imaginings, then gnaw away at their insecurities, sending them spiralling downwards to their doom. I can lie outrageously and others will assume it’s true. Gullible fools! I ruin lives –  the only escape is death.

I’m specialising in character assassination by cyber-bullying, and loving it.
See? I can love something.



 



Assassinate Me A Thriller! writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
In 500 words or less, write a thriller (or/and horror) prose involving an assassin/assassination or hitman/hitwoman. No poetry or script, please. Be creative and have fun! :)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.