Mystery and Crime Fiction posted November 22, 2020 Chapters:  ...10 11 -12- 13... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Anna and Alejandro try to build a beautiful relationship.

A chapter in the book Where Are All The Children

Love Conquers All

by Mistydawn


A young man's photo pops up on the screen. He has midnight black hair and olive skin. His boyish features and dark hazel eyes will melt any girl's heart. 

 Love fills her heart, her soul when she glances at him. Anna can feel his presence; his warmth all around her. She closes her eyes and imagines his strong embrace. "I want to share our beautiful love story with the world; show others how you saved me from myself," she coos.

His soft voice replies, "Estoy orgulloso de ti mi amor," I'm proud of you, my love.

Smiling, Anna turns towards her audience. "Alejandro and I spent every moment we could together. We'd gaze into the stars well into the night, holding each other tight. I felt so safe, so secure in his arms. It was a feeling I'd never had before. His unconditional love and understanding made me feel worthy of being loved. Something I hadn't felt in a very long time.

"One cool fall night, Alejandro was reading me poems by the fireplace. The flame's soft glow, the crackle of the wood enhanced our passion, our untamed desires that seemed to lay thick in the air." Anna picture the life-changing night in her mind. She sighs and continues.


October 1993

"Like a cluster of stars in the night, our love will forever shine bright." He gazes into my eyes and says, "I love you, Anna."

I stare into his and say, "And I love you."

Alejandro leans over and kisses me. This is followed by another and another. Each more passionate than the first. He strums his hand down the side of my face and says, "I want to show you how wonderful lovemaking can truly be."

He lifts my nightgown over my head and then eases me onto the bearskin rug. The excitement fills my belly. A heated passion stirs between my legs as his warm hands caress my body.


"I've been dreaming of this moment forever. "

"Me too," I whisper.

His soft lips slide to my neck and then brush down the full length of my body. I moan in delight. His warm mouth, roaming hands make me feel like I'm floating on a cloud. I close my eyes, wanting to savor every sensual moment.


Horrid memories flash through my mind. I open my eyes, hoping they'll go away, but the men's evil faces continue to plague my thoughts. I try to yell out but can't find the voice to scream. The way it's done to me so many times before. Helplessness overwhelms me. Their god-awful memories, their horrid acts threaten to suffocate me. Oh, please, God. Please, not again. I beg.

Shoving what I assume to be my attacker away, I spring to my feet. I glance around and discover that I'm not in the field anymore. I then see the heartbreak on my lover's face and realize what I just did. "I'm sorry, Alejandro, so sorry for acting this way. I wanted this so badly for us, and then I go and mess it up. And after all the nice things you've done for me too. I wouldn't blame you if you walked out the door and never looked back." I sob, collapsing to the floor.

Racing to my side, he says, "I'll never leave you, Anna, never. I promise."


Sniffling, I sit up and gaze into his soft brown eyes.

"I promise," he whispers. Alejandro puts his arm around me and holds me tight.

"But I..."

He presses his finger against my lips. "It's alright, honey. It's alright. I understand. You're not ready for this yet."

Self-hate rises to the surface. My inner voice says, "You're not good enough for him. You'll never be good enough, no matter how hard you try." I am good enough; I am. I fight back. "No, Anna, you're not. He deserves better, someone worthy of his love, not a washed-up sex worker like you." Some of the great things Alejandro said to me comes to mind. It's not true. It's not; it's not. I recant. "It is. You need to stop this before you hurt him more." Some of the horrid comments men have said to me come to mind. Reality overwhelms me. I fall to the floor again."It is true. It is." I sob.


Alejandro touches my shoulder and says, "Anna?"

His sweet voice, his gentle touch brings me out of the self-destructive state. Sitting up, I turn to face him. All the problems I've caused suddenly comes to mind. A devastating thought quickly follows. I'm not worthy of his love. "You deserve someone who can truly love you who isn't a mental case like me."

He places my hand on his chest. He gazes into my eyes and says, "My heart only has feelings for you." 

My inner voice says, "You have to stop this, Anna." I jump to my feet. "I'm no good for you, Alejandro. I'm no good for you at all."

A shocked look crosses his face. He then remembers what the doctor said and what he should do. "You know that isn't true."

"Isn't it? Look at all the problems I've created for you since I've been here. I've caused hard feelings between you and your family. And all the workers hate you because you stuck up for me."


"The men got what they deserved for doing what they did; raping you and then leaving you to die." Disdain drips off each syllable as it leaves his mouth.

"It wouldn't have happened if I hadn't dressed provocatively. Now thanks to me, wives don't have husbands, and babies have to grow up without their dads." 

"It wasn't your fault, Anna. None of it was your fault. The men knew what they were doing was wrong."

I shake my head. "Why can't you see that I'm nothing but trouble for you, Alejandro? Why? I have been since we first met." I turn away.


He runs to me. Taking his hands in mine, he says, "You're not trouble, you're not. You're my saving grace. I didn't have a life until I met you. I was just going through the motions waiting to die. Then you came along, brought out the good in me, gave me hope again. I want to do the same for you." Getting down on his knees, he says. "Please, baby, please let me do the same for you."

I hear my inner voice say, "He's only saying these things because he wants some, but when he's done, he'll toss you aside, like the piece of garbage you are."

I turn to find tears streaming down his cheeks. I then remember what he said at the hospital, all the beautiful poems he's been reading to me. How he claims this is what comes to his mind when he thinks of me. Dropping to my knees, I look him in the eyes and ask, "What do you see in me, what?"


"I see a strong, determined, beautiful young woman who I know is going to make the world a better place to live." He wipes the tears from my cheek and says, "One day, you will too."

We made love all through the night and the better part of the next day. That magical time changed the course of our lives forever.

 



Book of the Month contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mistydawn All rights reserved.
Mistydawn has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.