Horror and Thriller Flash Fiction posted November 20, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
strange encounter

Icicle

by Iza Deleanu


November's Beaver moon hung low in the night sky. The icicle figure opened her eyes and stretched her legs. She looked around and with a sigh started to walk. It had been one thousand years, since she was buried in this cave. Precisely on the same day, every November when the Beaver Moon reached the top of the cave, she came to life. She hated this perpetual cycle, there was no one left who understood her. What was the point of being immortal when she had nobody to share this gift that felt more like a curse?

She got to live, but seeing so much she just wanted to sleep and never wake up. She still remembered the last war that wiped out half of the human population. Now, those crazy humans were ar it again. This time they played God and released a virus, which was killing whatever was left of this world. Next year, when the November Bear moon hangs low in the night sky, she will wake up all alone.

The virus creeped behind her and whispered: "Tonight you are mine, Princess, and we will spend eternity together. You are icy and I am cold, we are going to put this moon on fire. We are the best match for this winter season."

She turned to face him. "Who are you? Why do you think we are a match?"

The virus embraced her: "I am your salvation. My love, you get to die tonight!"



Short Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Short Story (Beg/Mid/end) (Create your own title) (250 words max)
beginning with the sentence::

November's Beaver moon hung low in the night sky.



247 words and thank you for reading and correcting my grammar errors:)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.