Horror and Thriller Fiction posted October 30, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
There is danger when you don't know someone well.

Last Game

by HarryT


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.

Larry and Jim stood outside Rich’s house calling his name from the sidewalk. Their Pony League team, the Chiefs, was about to play for a chance to go to the regional playoffs in Peoria, Illinois. Rich was a pitcher-first baseman for the team. It was a perfect baseball day, temperature in the 80s. Game faces on, the boys trotted to their positions on the field.

It was a hard-fought game against the east side Panthers, the lead changed hands three times by the last inning, the score was tied. The Panthers loaded the bases the Chief pitcher walked in the go ahead run. Coach called Rich from first base into pitch. He got the batter on four pitches. The Chiefs were down a run. The first two Chief batters got on, Jim tried to bunt, but popped out. Up came Rich. He lined the first pitch into the first baseman’s glove who double up the runner on first. The game was over; the Chiefs lost their trip to Peoria.

Larry noticed Rich was upset and said, “Hey, keep your head up, you got good wood, the guy was lucky. C’mon, coach is popping for dogs and Cokes.”

“No thanks,” Rich said, “I rather just walk home.”

He picked up his bike and left the park. Mr. Casey, a man from the neighborhood, who watched the game, approached Rich and said, “Hey, kid, you played a good game, nothing to be ashamed of. No sirree, three hits, and you got that guy out in the seventh.”

Mr. Casey walked along side Rich as he turned down the street and said, “You know, I played Pony League way back when. But, never did as good as you. You know I got some stuff from my baseball days; I’d like to give you. We’ll go to my house and then I’ll drive you home.”

“My bike?”

“Just throw it in the back.”
 
“Okay,” Rich said.

When they got to Mr. Casey house, he told Rich to make himself comfortable and went into the kitchen and brought out two Cokes. He pulled out a pair of handcuffs and said you want to see a trick?” Rich nodded.

Mr. Casey had Rich lock the handcuffs behind his back. He turned away and voila the handcuffs were off. “Want me to show you the trick,” Mr. Casey said.

“Sure," Rich said. Mr. Casey locked the handcuffs on Rich’s wrists and said, “Now, my boy, you are mine.”

Mr. Casey torture Rich, burning him with a cigar and cutting him with a straight razor. Blood soaked his arms and chest. Rich cried, “Please, I promise I won’t tell.”

“No, my boy, you won’t”

Mr. Casey turned and went to the kitchen. When he returned, he stood over Rich, bent his head back and calmly slit Rich’s throat.  

Rich’s bike was found near the park. Rich was identified a year later when his body was unearthed from under a basement floor.
 



Kidnapped! writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
You are challenged to write a story about a kidnapping. Maximum word count is 500 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.