General Fiction posted October 19, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
If you do not like puns, don't read this

A Puny Yarn

by Jerome Goldberg


A long time ago in a distant land, there was a yarn about a man of the cloth named Tartan the Tailor who served the famous Lord Argyle.

Tartan's reputation was woven with stories of his many accomplishments at fitting all the members of the Royal Court. He could fit anybody, big or small. In fact, he once made a kilt for the fattest of Lord Argyle's Knights, Sir Cumference, who was renowned for his pi eating ability.

Tartan the Tailor often fashioned plaid dresses for Miss Lacy, the humble Scotch distiller's daughter. Even though she was not a member of the court, he loved her still. To show his love, he gave her free dresses with no strings attached and many love letters. But being a bit backward, when it came to writing, he wrote inverse.

Do to their social separation, they decided to run off. They were going to bring her two pet raccoons but the stage couch driver said only one carrion is allowed.

When they arrived in Paris, overwhelmed by grief at the loss of her pet raccoon, Lacy jumped off a bridge. She was truly in Seine.

Then Tartan the Tailor, became Tartan the Terrorist and threw a bomb into the kitchen window of a French restaurant, resulting in Linoleum Blownapart.

Remorseful, he decided to become an Atheist and joined a non-prophet organization.



Bad Puns writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short conversation, or scenario, using the worst, most ridiculous, use of a pun or cliche imaginable.

Recognized


I hope that this brought a smile to your face
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Jerome Goldberg All rights reserved.
Jerome Goldberg has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.